The 4WD Adventurers Club of SA Inc was founded in June 1991 by Tom Hewitson, a former WEA 4WD Maintenance Course instructor and a group of his students. At the conclusion of the course, Tom suggested the need for a 4WD Club in the North Eastern suburbs, which set the wheels in motion (pardon the pun). He invited course graduates and other interested parties to a meeting at his workshop and the rest is history. The Club received its Certificate of Incorporation on September 4th 1991, and we have been going strong ever since.
The 4WD Adventurers Club of SA Inc is an affiliated club of Four Wheel Drive SA, who insure and set guidelines for Four Wheel Drive clubs in SA and are affiliated with 4WD Australia.
The 4WD Adventurers Club of SA Inc is open to all 4WD owners who share our passion for exploring the many areas in Australia that can only be reached with a Four Wheel Drive vehicle. We cater to all levels of 4WD vehicles, driver skill and adventure – from weekend trips to nearby sites like Morgan and Peake, to multi-week trips across the Simpson Desert, the Victoria High Country or even Tasmania.
· Bring together 4 wheel drive enthusiasts who share our respect for the environment and each other
· Promote responsible use and enjoyment of our 4 wheel drive vehicles
· Provide technical and driver assistance
· Sponsor club trips and social events
· Support our environment and communities through volunteer activies such as conservation park working bees, community event assistance and road side clean ups